Explore the mystique of ancient under ground caves tubing along the winding waters of the Cave Branch River.
Cave tubing in Belize is a pure adrenaline rush of excitement and adventure matched by none other given the country’s richly diverse neo tropical rainforests, ecosystems and cultural heritage. Inland adventure options ranges from river tubing into a complex network of caves, rappelling down sink holes several hundred feet deep; zip lining across the magnificent Maya Mountains over evergreen canopies and basins to journeys back in time of the ancient Maya and their thousand old traditions. For those brave of heart, try a rigorous hike to the foot hills of the Maya Mountains; float down on inner tubes and waterproof vest on the gushing rivers streams into the mysterious caves systems; and enter into the Xibalba – the Under World of Maya and feel their presence as your local guide points out the many burial chambers, sacrificial alters of the Shamans, pottery, stoneware and other relics of the once superior astrological civilization of the ancient past. Then be whisked away high above the lush rainforest or wind down for a tasty light lunch and a well deserved ice cold beer.
Experience Belize’s jungle and sea while staying at Maruba Resort Jungle Spa, located in 10 miles north of Altun Ha near Maskall Village.
Stay at Maruba and get pampered by some of the best Spa therapists in Belize. Explore the jungle by foot or horse, and visit one of the most famous Maya Ruins, Altun Ha. And end your vacation by relaxing at Portofino Beach Resort, where you will be staying in one of our Beach Cabanas, just a few steps away from our Cristal Blue Ocean. During your stay at Portofino you will be able to swim with the Nurse Sharks and Sting Rays at Shark Ray Alley and visit our most famous snorkeling site: Hol Chan.
This is a 7 nights package and includes the following:
- 3 Nights Signature Suite accommodation
- Full Breakfast daily
- Choice of 1 full body Spa Treatment per person
- Choice of Facial, Manicure or Pedicure per person
- Choice of Jungle Horseback Ride or Safari Hike
- Altun Ha Tour
- Round trip land transfers from International Airport
Portofino Beach Resort
- 4 nights accommodation in a Beach Cabana
- Welcome Tropical Fruit Cocktail upon arrival.
- Local Air tickets from Belize City to San Pedro -round trip for two
- Personal meeting at San Pedro Airport and boat transfer to the resort.
- Daily Breakfast a la carte
- Snorkeling at Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley
- Complimentary use of all resort water sports.
- VIP Service throughout your stay.
- Free use of Internet. (WIFI)
High Season (January 6th-April 30th, 2011) ~ US$1620
Low Season (May 1st-December 21st, 2011) ~ US$1420
The above rates are per person and include 9% hotel tax and 10% service charge, based on double occupancy.