Experience the awe of the Jabiru Stork, the largest bird in the western hemisphere as well as the colorful array of other wild & exotic birds.
Return boat taxi to the second largest barrier reef in the world, lunch and snorkeling.
Featuring the fun and elusive Baboon or Howler Monkey in their natural habitat.
Posted by admin | Posted in Jungle River, Rainforest, Tours | Posted on 01-04-2011
As you leisurely cruise down this exotic jungle river, literally hundreds of varieties of orchids, bromeliads and chattering toucans offer enchantment and delight to all naturalists and explores.
|Lamanai, located on the New River in Orange Walk District, is known for being the longest continually-occupied site in Mesoamerica.
The thriving crocodile population in the nearby New River lagoon gave Lamanai his Name.
|Many of Lamanai’s main structures and excavated artifacts exhibits representate the famed reptile. Lamanai is the Spanish historic name for Lama’ an/ayin, which means “submerged crocodile.”
Some of Lamanai’s ruins are some of the oldest in Belize. Archaeologists believe the Mayan site was of moderate size as early as 1500 BC. However, some of its later structures were occupied as recently as the 18th century AD, signifying over 3200 years of occupation.
Ceremonial Mayan Center, founded 200 B.C. Home of the largest carved jade head of the Sun God ever found.
Hike in the rainforest of Belize and learn about the medicinal uses of the vegetation and see wildlife in its natural environment.
1 hour through jungle with a guide.
Posted by admin | Posted in Maya Sites, Rainforest, Snorkeling/Fishing/Diving, Tours | Posted on 01-04-2011
Stay at Maruba and get pampered by some of the best Spa therapists in Belize. Explore the jungle by foot or horse, and visit one of the most famous Maya Ruins, Altun Ha. And end your vacation by relaxing at Portofino Beach Resort, where you will be staying in one of our Beach Cabanas, just a few steps away from our Cristal Blue Ocean. During your stay at Portofino you will be able to swim with the Nurse Sharks and Sting Rays at Shark Ray Alley and visit our most famous snorkeling site: Hol Chan.
This is a 7 nights package and includes the following:
- 3 Nights Signature Suite accommodation
- Full Breakfast daily
- Choice of 1 full body Spa Treatment per person
- Choice of Facial, Manicure or Pedicure per person
- Choice of Jungle Horseback Ride or Safari Hike
- Altun Ha Tour
- Round trip land transfers from International Airport
Portofino Beach Resort
- 4 nights accommodation in a Beach Cabana
- Welcome Tropical Fruit Cocktail upon arrival.
- Local Air tickets from Belize City to San Pedro -round trip for two
- Personal meeting at San Pedro Airport and boat transfer to the resort.
- Daily Breakfast a la carte
- Snorkeling at Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley
- Complimentary use of all resort water sports.
- VIP Service throughout your stay.
- Free use of Internet. (WIFI)
High Season (January 6th-April 30th, 2011) ~ US$1620
Low Season (May 1st-December 21st, 2011) ~ US$1420
The above rates are per person and include 9% hotel tax and 10% service charge, based on double occupancy.